Trying Something New

 

Trying Watercolours!



During the COVID period in 2021, many people started doing creative activities to occupy their time while they were at home. After giving it some thought, I decided I would like to give painting a try. Finally, I bought watercolour paint, thinking that sounded like a manageable medium. After all, we grew up using those watercolour palettes, and it wasn't difficult at all. How mistaken I was! It turned out that the proper watercolour paint was completely different from the pallets we used as kids, and the paint came in tubes. Still, oblivious to the level of difficulty, I joined a Facebook group where I could access an endless supply of reference photographs and set out to try my first painting. To be fair, I did try a few flowers and 'easy' subjects, which actually weren't all that easy since the paint seemed to have a mind of its own and the paintings did not come out the way I envisioned them. To cut the story short, I painted the image you see above from one of the reference photos. There were two boats in the reference photo, one of which is now happily resting on the ocean's floor. Remember how I mentioned that the paint has a mind of its own? The water simply covered the boat, and there was no saving it! I think it is safe to say that I need more practice.

Latest Published Book

Dumpling's Plucky Rescuers
(3rd book in the Beulah and Friends Series)



Farmer Don's favorite goat, Beulah, became very concerned. Dumpling, a Cleveland Bay Colt, came to the farm to train for the upcoming show. Beulah never expected to like Dumpling, but she discovered that he was as kind as he was beautiful. She came up with a plan to train with him every day, hoping to be a part of the show as well. She couldn't believe it when Farmer Don told her she was going to participate! Beulah couldn't wait, but when Dumpling got into real trouble, the show was the last thing on her mind. All that mattered was getting Dumpling safely home. Beulah and her friends' heroic actions showed the importance of their friendship.


E-book available from Amazon.com
ISBN: 978-0-639-76798-7

Other Available Titles

Beulah, The Impish Goat
(Book 1 in the Beulah and Friends Series)

ISBN: 978-0-6397-0700-6 (E-book)


Mrs Beak's Fluky Stroke of Luck
(Book 2 in the Beulah and Friends Series)

ISBN: 978-0-639-70701-3 (E-book)


In A Nutshell - Tales In Tiny Packages
(20 short stories for children)

ISBN: 978-0-620-98594-9 (Print)
ISBN: 978-0-620-98596-3 (E-book)

  Available at Amazon.com
(search under author's name or under book title)


Thank you...

... for taking the time to read my newsletter. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to yours.
Feel free to send me an e-mail to the address at the bottom of this page. I'd love to hear from you!



 

Copyright © 2023 mariannapieterse.com, All rights reserved.

NEWSLETTER  18 December 2023

My e-mail address is:
mariannapieterse@yahoo.co.uk

Comments